My daughter Bayla has been on immune suppressing medications for a while now. When she first got put on them, I imagined that we would have her wearing a mask everywhere she went to protect her from all the germs that float around. It was a really scary thought that it would be even EASIER for her to get sick. It’s not something, as a mom, that you want to think about (fear) on a daily basis.
Now that she has been on this medication for over a year, you realize that with just a few extra steps you can keep your child just as healthy without all the fear and paranoia. That’s why I thought it was really cool that Lysol had a new “Healthing” intiative right now. They are joining forces with Guliana Rancic and head out to YMCA’s across the country to share tips on how you can keep your family happy and healthy!
Germs, Germs EVERYWHERE!
Before my daughter got sick, I was not one of those moms that constantly worried about germs, or even chase behind her kids about washing their hands for that matter. Now that it’s something that I have to think about I really appreciate programs like this that not only help me keep my daughter healthy, but help prevent other kids from spreading germs as well!
Lysol will be showing “Healthing” in action and giving tips and samples at the YMCAs! Crunchy readers get a sneak peak at a few of the steps that can help keep your family healthy as possible with just a few extra steps and a little bit more knowledge! Here are my favorite Healthing Tips Courtesy of Lysol!
- Don’t forget to disinfect places that you don’t see or think about often, like the door knobs, cabinet handles or sink drains.
- Know the difference between cleaning and disinfecting! Both are important components of the Healthing process and LYSOL® has products that can help with all related tasks. While cleaning and organizing is certainly important, killing germs on commonly touched surfaces can lower the risk of spreading bacteria and viruses between members of the family.
- Start with the basics – wipe down easy to reach surfaces and then move onto the little nooks and crannies.
- Remember to dust around wall art, photographs and woodwork.
- Remember to practice proper hand washing as well after you clean, either with soap and water for 20 seconds or a hand sanitizer. Hand washing is the single most important thing you can do to prevent illness, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Want to learn more about Lysol’s Healthing Intitiave? Make sure to visit them on these websites:
I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for LYSOL®. I received a promotional item to thank me for participating.”