Disclosure: I did receive free Lays products to facilitate this review
I love living in the US, because we are such a diverse country. Every region you visit has a different flavor! A different flavor of food, flavor of people, flavor of culture! Well Lays has decided to celebrate these different flavors with a brand new line of potato chips celebrating the taste buds of each region!
These new flavors are great! I can’t wait to try them:
Northeastern U.S. – Lay’s Honey Mustard
Midwestern U.S. – Lay’s Creamy Garden Ranch
Northwestern U.S. – Lay’s Balsamic Sweet Onion
Southwestern U.S. – Lay’s Chipotle Ranch
Southeastern U.S. – Lay’s Cajun Herb & Spice
I am so excited to try the Creamy Garden Ranch and Chipotle Ranch. We love ranch in our family! Must be why we decided to settle in the great Midwest!
Being from the South, I wanted to share with you a recipe that comes from my family! It’s been one of my favorites for years. My great grandmother developed this recipe, and it was passed down to my Mom whom then passed it on to me. I am not the cook that my Mom is, but I always loved making this recipe for my family. It reminds me of the great big family celebrations we would have growing up in Savannah, and has continued to help me have a sense of my roots even though I have since moved to many different parts of the country!
I have tweaked this recipe a little from my Mom’s recipe to make it a healthier option. Being from the South, we aren’t usually know for our healthy cuisine, but for our great tasting cuisine that usually has a pound of butter somewhere in there. So I took this recipe, and made it a little healthier while still maintaining the Southern Sass us Georgia peaches are known for!
Ashley’s Lemon Merengue Pie
Reduced-Fat Keebler Graham Cracker Ready Pie Crust
1 can non-fat sweetened condensed milk
3 eggs (separated and room temparature)
6 T sugar
1 cup lemon juice
1/8t cream of tartar
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
- Separate egg whites and egg yolks into separate bowls
- In the bowl with the egg yolks, mix in the sweetened condensed milk and the cup of lemon juice
- Pour the lemon mixture into the pie crust, set aside
- Add 1/8 t of cream of tartar to unwhipped egg whites
- In the bowl with the egg whites, whip the egg whites until frothy
- Once egg whites are frothy, then add 1T of a time to whites until stiff peaks form
- Once stiff peaks form, place meringue on top of lemon mixutre and make sure to seal the edges
- Place in oven at 350 degrees until tops of meringue is slightly browned
This blog was provided with free items to review for this giveaway. This in no way affect the opinions expressed or shared in this post