When I go out to the local deli, my absolute favorite dish to order is a french dip sandwich. There is something about the melty, cheesy, meaty goodness that makes my mouth water. (Is yours watering yet??)
The only problem is they can be expensive to buy all the time at $8-$9 a sandwich. So, to lighten the burden on my wallet, I set out to recreate my favorite sandwich at home. This sandwich is amazingly easy to make, and you can add your own twists to make it your favorite indulgence too! Now onto the french dip sandwich recipe!
|Amazingly Easy French Dip Sandwich Recipe||
- 1 pound thinly sliced roast beef
- 1/2 pound provolone cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 McCormick Au Jus packet
- 6 Mini Sub Rolls
- 1 T Butter
- In a sauce pan, gently sautee the garlic and onions until soft.
- Add the Au Jus Packet, and follow instructions on preparation.
- Once Au Jus is complete, add roast beef into au jus and let soak for approximately 5 minutes.
- While roast beef is simmering, lightly butter the inside of the sub rolls and place in a frying pan to toast the insides of the rolls.
- Lay buns toasted side up, then place 2-3 slices of roast beef on each sandwich.
- Cover with 1-2 slices of provolone cheese, and onions (if desired)
- Ladle out the au jus in separate ramekin for dipping.